Jing How To
Screencast Sign Up for Free Account (Allows you to create URL’s for your videos and pictures)
I used this last year to create the Compass How-To’s.
To begin, click this link. You are taken to the Sign Up page.
- In the Sign Up page, under the Account level field, select the account type: Pro or Free.
- Fill in the following fields:
- Email: Enter a valid email address. An activation email is sent to this account, as well as storage and transfer bandwidth notices.
- A valid email address must be between 6 and 129 characters.Valid characters include a-Z 0-9 _ - . +
- Password: Passwords must be at least 8 characters and are case sensitive. We suggest combinations of letters (capitalized and lowercase) and numbers. Your display name and common passwords such as "password" or "qwerty" should not be used. HTML tags (< >) are not allowed. You can change your password at any time on your Account Information page. To access the Account Information page, sign in to your account, then click the My Account link at the top of the Screencast.com page.
- Display name: A valid display name is between 2 and 20 characters, starts with a letter, does not include spaces, and is made up of letters (A-Z), numbers (0-9), and the following symbols: hyphen (-), and underscore (_).
Your display name is shown in the title of your Library and in the URL to all of your content, folders, and playlists. It must be unique.
- Country: Enter your country of residence.
- Click Sign Up and Screencast.com sends an activation email to the address you entered above. Click the link in the email and your Screencast.com account is activated.
- Log in and get started using Screencast.com.
Tip! Watch the following video for help getting started with Screencast.com. VIDEO