We are excited to start the 2022-2023 school year and to welcome our students to school! Please check your school’s website and our district website for important news about the start of school on Thursday, August 18, 2022.
As COVID-19 continues to impact our community, we will work to keep our students and employees safe and healthy. Our comprehensive health and safety strategies include:
- Daily Health Check: Each employee and student or parent should check daily for symptoms of illness (COVID-19 or others: fever, coughing, runny nose, sore throat) and if you are sick or diagnosed with COVID, then stay at home.
- COVID-19 Vaccines: We strongly encourage all families and employees to take the vaccine or consult their family physician regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. Many pediatricians are offering vaccines in addition to local drug stores such as Walgreens and Kroger. Go to Vaccines.gov for more information.
- COVID-19 Testing: Free at-home tests are available at COVID.gov. Sites for in-person COVID testing are available on this St. Elizabeth Hospital testing page.
- COVID-19 Treatments: Several prescription treatments are available if you test positive for COVID-19, please see your doctor for more information or seek medical help for an emergency.
- Wearing a Face Mask: Students and employees may choose to wear a face-mask if they feel it is necessary. We recommend all persons wear masks while indoors regardless of COVID-19 vaccination status.
- Hand Washing: We recommend each student and employee wash their hands on a regular basis, especially after using the restroom and before eating.
- Cleaning Facilities: Our employees will sanitize common surfaces as much as possible throughout the day and afterschool each day.
- Air Quality: Our maintenance staff regularly check ventilation units to ensure they are functioning correctly.
Employment Opportunities! We are still in of need of bus drivers, paraeducators, custodians, and some other positions for the year. Join our team and make difference in the life of our students! Use this link to view employment openings on our Human Resources webpage.
Thank you to our Boone County Schools community for your support. We look forward to making the 2022-2023 school year a great one!
Superintendent of Schools